Value Stream Mapping
Value Stream Mapping Workshop
(For Manufacturing Organizations- 2 Days)
OFFER* for new candidates:
- Enrol 15 days or before the commencement of course and get an Early bird discount of 10% on your training fee
- Enrol in a group of 2 and get 15% discount on each enrolment
- Enrol in a group of 3 or more and get 20% discount on each enrolment.
- No two offers can be clubbed together
*The management reserves the right to make the final decision, in case of any conflicts.
*This offer is effective from 10 July 2017
Lean manufacturing is universally recognized as the most effective management technique to make company’s products and services globally competitive. Most of progressive companies of India have taken initiative to implement Lean in their business processes. The Lean implementation has to begin with Value Stream Mapping.
The objective of lean implementation is to transform the processes, people and culture of organization from the current traditional state to a lean state. Transformation has to begin with change in thinking of managers from “Departmental Management” to “Vale Stream Management” concept. Value Stream is defined as “all of the actions, both value-creating and non-value creating, required to bring a product from concept to launch and from order to delivery”.
The senior managers and process owners who are going to lead the Lean transformation activities must have clear understanding of Value Stream Concept before taking off the Lean journey. In order to provide comprehensive understanding of Value Stream Management concept to concerned personnel a two-day VSM Workshop is developed by a team of qualified Lean Experts.
Value stream maps are the blueprints for lean transformation. Value Stream Mapping is a practical exercise to capture the true state of value stream. The outcome of VSM workshop is three most useful documents; Current State Value Stream Map, Future State Value Stream Map and Value Stream Improvement Plan. VSM workshop will show participants how to make and apply this fundamental and critical tool to map the current way of operations and design a lean value stream to enhance global competitiveness.
The value-stream map is a paper-and-pencil representation of every process in the material and information flow, along with key process performance data. It differs significantly from tools such as process mapping or layout diagrams because it includes information flow as well as material flow.
Value Stream Mapping is a critical initial step in lean implementation because it shows you where you could apply lean techniques to improve process capability and operational excellence to accomplish highest value.
Value stream mapping can be compared with complete health checkup of an individual. If a person wants to improve his/her health, the very first step is to undergo comprehensive health checkup to identify the problems in body and mind, prioritize them and initiate treatment to get rid of problems one-by one. In the same way Value Stream Mapping identifies problems of your business process, which are restricting business growth and helps you to develop improvement plan to solve it in a systematic manner.
At the end of the workshop participant will have clear understanding of :
- Benefits of value-stream mapping
- How to draw a current state map?
- Where and how much waste is being generated in your processes?
- How to discover problems, which need to be addressed?
- How to develop Value Stream Improvement plan?
- How to initiate waste elimination drive in your company?
Duration: 2 Day. (Timing: 10.00 to 17.00 Hours)
This workshop will sharpen your “eyes for waste” and “eyes for flow.” Using an ACME Stamping manufacturing case study participants will learn how to identify a product family, how to see the entire value stream for a particular product family, how to map the value stream to identify and eliminate waste, what makes a value stream lean, and how to develop a plan to achieve results? Workshop topics include:
|Day 1||Day 2|
|Lunch Break||Lunch Break|
Those who would benefit from attending this workshop include:
- Senior managers, HODs, executives & engineers, technical support personnel and change agents.
- Personnel from sales, production planning, operations, maintenance, procurement, shipping and all support functions.
“Mapping To See”
Value Stream Mapping of Service & Non-Manufacturing Functions
Value-stream maps are the blueprints for lean transformation of production and service management processes. Like any other processes service management processes are also full of waste, which are resulting to poor customer value and higher cost. The objective of lean is to create value for the customer and wealth for the organization which is made possible by elimination of waste.For elimination of waste the very first requirement is to detect type, quantum and sources of waste, which is made possible by value stream mapping.
A Value-Stream Mapping technique especially developed for service organizations (non-manufacturing processes) by Lean Enterprise Institute; pioneer and promoter of Lean in all kinds of enterprises world-wide.
Mapping to See (MTS) training workshop will provide comprehensive knowledge of lean concepts and develop practical skills in participants to map and figure out the waste being generated in their business processes.
This MtS groundbreaking concept introduced the value-stream mapping to thousands of managers and engineers around the world, breaks down the important concepts of value-stream mapping into step-by-step activities.
The value-stream map is a paper-and-pencil representation of every process in the material and information flow, along with key data. It differs significantly from traditional tools such as process mapping or layout diagrams because it includes information flow as well as physical flow. Value-stream mapping is a comprehensive tool that gives managers a picture of the entire process, both value-creating and non-value creating activities. Rather than taking a haphazard approach to lean implementation, value-stream mapping establishes a right strategy and tactics for the company to create value for the customer and wealth for the organization.
Mapping to see training program will demonstrate how to apply value-stream mapping technique to identify constraints and improve service processes.
Participants will acquire the knowledge and skills to perform following lean activities:
- How Lean can improve the performance of any service organization.
- How to define value proposition to be delivered by the service processes.
- How to map the current state of service value stream.
- How to design improved future state value stream.
- How to select projects to improve quality and velocity of service processes.
- How to develop value stream improvement plan.
|Day||Forenoon Session||Afternoon Session|
|1||Lean Business Thinking
|Current-State Value-Stream Map
Practice Sessions by Teams
|2||Future-State Value-Stream Map
|Achieving the Future State
Practice Sessions by Teams
1. Professionals working in service organizations such as; Information Technology- Software development, ITIL Service Management, Insurance, Banking, Financial services, etc.
2. CIOs, Senior Managers, IT Managers, Quality Professionals, Operation Managers, and Engineers involved in strategy development, business planning and operations of service processes.