This Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt course provides an overview of Lean and the DMAIC methodology. It is based on the leading Certification Bodies and their Body Of Knowledge at IASSC and Intertek. In this Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt course, you will learn how to measure current performance to identify process issues and how to formulate solutions.
- 20 hours of high-quality blended learning
- 2 Mock test papers
- 1 real-life projects
- Aligned to IASSC and Intertek
- Industry specific case study assignment
- 24/7 learner assistance and support via email/watsapp/ calls
Phase 1- Define Phase
The Define Phase of the DMAIC methodology is constructed to introduce the fundamentals of Lean Six Sigma. There are five modules in this phase:
Module 1- Understanding Six Sigma (37 Slides)
- Describe the objectives of Six Sigma
- Describe the relationship between variation and sigma
- Recognize some Six Sigma concepts
- Recognize the Six Sigma implementation model
- Describe your role and responsibilities in Six Sigma
Module 2- Six Sigma Fundamentals (36 Slides)
- Describe what is meant by “Process Focus”
- Describe the importance of VOC, VOB, and VOE, and CTQ’s
- Explain COPQ
- Generate a Process Map
- Describe the Basic Six Sigma metrics
- Explain the difference between FTY and RTY
- Explain the difference between DPU and DPMO
Module 3-Selecting Projects (41 Slides)
- Utilize a structured approach to select projects
- Refine and Define the problem into a Project Charter
- Make an initial estimate of your project’s benefits
Module 4-Elements of Waste (20 Slides)
- Have a clear understanding of the specific deliverables
- Have started to develop a Project Plan to meet the deliverables
- Have identified ways to deal with potential roadblocks
- Be ready to apply the Six Sigma method through your project
Module 5-Wrap Up & Action Items (9 Slides)
Phase 2-Measure & Analyze Phase
The Measure Phase of the DMAIC methodology is constructed to introduce important Lean Six Sigma tools for characterizing your business issues. There are six modules in this phase:
Module 1 - Welcome to Measure (4 Slides)
Module 2 - Process Discovery (81 Slides)
- Create a high level Process Map
- Create a Fishbone Diagram
- Create an X-Y Diagram
- Describe the elements of a FMEA
- Explain the importance of a FMEA
- Describe why each tool is important
Module 3 - Six Sigma Statistics (60 Slides)
- Explain the various statistics used to express location and spread of data
- Describe the characteristics of a Normal Distribution
- Test for Normality
- Describe the difference between Special Cause and Common Cause Variation
- Generate a variety of graphs for data
Module 4 - Measurement System Analysis (63 Slides)
- Perform the step by step methodology in Variable and Attribute MSA’s
- Identify the various components of variation so corrections can be made and the gage error reduced
- Recognize the differences between Repeatability, Reproducibility, Accuracy and Calibration
Module 5 - Process Capability (39 Slides)
- Estimate Capability for Continuous Data
- Describe the impact of Non-normal Data on the analysis presented in this module for Continuous Capability
- Estimate Capability for Attribute Data
Module 6 - Wrap Up & Action Items (10 Slides)
Phase 3- Improve & Control
The Control Phase of the DMAIC methodology is constructed to introduce important Lean Six Sigma tools for properly controlling solutions. There are eight modules in this phase:
Module 1 - Welcome to Control (5 Slides)
Module 2 - Solution Improvements(16 slides)
Module 3 -Lean Controls (27 Slides)
- Describe Lean tools
- Understand how these tools can help with project sustainability
- Understand how the Lean tools depends on each other
- Understand how tools must document the defect prevention created in the Control Phase
Module 4 - Statistical Process Control - SPC (66 Slides)
- Describe the elements of an SPC Chart and the purposes of SPC
- Understand how SPC ranks in defect prevention
- Describe the 9 Step route or methodology of implementing a chart
- Design subgroups if needed for SPC usage
- Determine the frequency of sampling
- Understand the Control Chart selection methodology
- Be familiar with Control Chart parameter calculations such as UCL, LCL and the Center Line
Module 5 -Wrap Up & Action Items (10 Slides)
Lean Six Sigma professionals are in high demand across industry due to their ability to use problem-solving techniques to reach business solutions and assuring quality control throughout the process. The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification is ideal for :-
• Quality system managers, Quality engineers, Quality supervisors, Quality analysts and managers, Quality auditors
• Any individual wishing to improve quality and process within an organization.
• Operation Manager
• Supply Chain Professional
• Healthcare Professionals
• Banking Professionals
• IT Professionals
• Sales & Marketing Professionals
These methodologies and tools are used everywhere irrespective of industry nature or Job Function.
There are no prerequisites for Gazelles Six Sigma Yellow Belt online certification training. There are no prerequisites required in order to sit for the IASSC/ IntertekCertified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Exam. Intertek Body of Knowledge is in line with ISO 18404:2015 standard.
Intertek is a leading provider of supply chain quality and safety solutions serving a wide range of industries around the world.
• Headquartered in London, Intertek Group PLC became a listed company in the London Stock Exchange since May 2002, and is currently a FTSE 100 company in the Support Services sector .
• Located within most major manufacturing regions around the world, the Intertek Group network spans over 110 countries with more than 1,000 laboratories and over 40,000 staff worldwide.
•Their market capitalization is £3.5 Billion as of 2011.
IASSC (International Association of Lean Six Sigma Certification)
IASSC (International Association for Six Sigma Certification) is the only independent third-party certification body within the Lean Six Sigma Industry that does not provide training, mentoring and coaching or consultingservices. IASSC exclusively facilitates and delivers centralized universal Lean Six Sigma Certification Standards testing and organizational Accreditation’s.
1. What are the Payment methods available?
Payments can be made using any of the following options. You will be emailed a receipt after the payment is made via:-
- Visa Credit or Debit Card
- Bank Transfer
2. What is the Qualification of Trainers?
All of our Trainers are highly qualified and Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt certified instructors have 20+ years of experience in consulting and delivering training.
3. Can I cancel my enrollment? Get the refund?
Yes, you can cancel your enrollment if necessary. We will refund the course price after deducting an administration fee. To learn more, you can view our Refund Policy.
4. Will I get my Course Completion Certificate?
We offer course completion certificate after you successfully complete the training program.
5. Do you offer PDU’s after completing the training?
Yes, we offer PDU certificates to candidates who successfully complete the training. You can earn 15 hours of PDU certification.
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Examination & Certification
1. How will I become Lean Six Sigma Certified Professional
Exam Fee is $100 which is not included in the mentioned training fee. The candidate can get certified from Intertek in Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt in line with ISO 18404:2015 by appearing for the Intertek Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt exam and scoring a minimum of 70% marks in the exam.
Exam Shall include 60 multiple choice question to be completed in 2 hours. Upon achieving this, the candidate will receive a Certificate, suitable for framing, issued by the Intertek.
Exam Fee is $195 which is not included in the mentioned training fee. The candidate can get certified from IASSC in Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt by appearing for the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt exam and scoring 70% marks in the exam.
Exam Shall include 75 multiple choice question to be completed in 2 hours.Upon achieving this, the candidate will receive a Certificate, suitable for framing, issued by the IASSC
2. Does the course fee include examination fees as well?
No, the Course Fee doesn’t include the certification cost. Student needs to select the certification post training . Gazelles shall help them in registration process and voucher arrangement post payment.
3. Can I ask for the refund for Exam Voucher once it is issued?
No, exam voucher cost cannot be refunded once it is issued to a learner as we procure this from third party bodies. Gazelles does not own the voucher policies and cost.
4. What is the validity of Voucher?
Exam vouchers are valid for 1 year from the date of course purchase. If you do not book the exam within 1 year from purchase of voucher, you will need to buy the voucher again per the actual price.