This Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course provides an overview of Lean and the DMAIC methodology. It is based on the leading Certification Bodies and their Body Of Knowledge at ASQ, IASSC and Intertek. In this Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course, you will learn how to measure current performance to identify process issues and how to formulate solutions.
- 170 hours of high-quality blended Virtual and Online e learning
- 3 Mock test papers
- 4 real-life projects
- Aligned to ASQ, IASSC BOK
- Industry specific case study assignment
- 24/7 learner assistance and support via email/watsapp/ calls
Phase 1- Define Phase
The Define Phase of the DMAIC methodology is constructed to introduce the fundamentals of Lean Six Sigma. There are five modules in this phase:
Module 1- Understanding Six Sigma (37 Slides)
- Describe the objectives of Six Sigma
- Describe the relationship between variation and sigma
- Recognize some Six Sigma concepts
- Recognize the Six Sigma implementation model
- Describe your role and responsibilities in Six Sigma
Module 2- Six Sigma Fundamentals (36 Slides)
- Describe what is meant by “Process Focus”
- Describe the importance of VOC, VOB, and VOE, and CTQ’s
- Explain COPQ
- Generate a Process Map
- Describe the Basic Six Sigma metrics
- Explain the difference between FTY and RTY
- Explain the difference between DPU and DPMO
Module 3 - Selecting Projects (41 Slides)
- Utilize a structured approach to select projects
- Refine and Define the problem into a Project Charter
- Make an initial estimate of your project’s benefits
Module 4- Elements of Waste (20 Slides)
- Have a clear understanding of the specific deliverables
- Have started to develop a Project Plan to meet the deliverables
- Have identified ways to deal with potential roadblocks
- Be ready to apply the Six Sigma method through your project
Module 5 - Wrap Up & Action Items (9 Slides)
Phase 2-Measure Phase
The Measure Phase of the DMAIC methodology is constructed to introduce important Lean Six Sigma tools for characterizing your business issues. There are six modules in this phase:
Module 1- Welcome to Measure (4 Slides)
Module 2 - Process Discovery (81 Slides)
- Create a high level Process Map
- Create a Fishbone Diagram
- Create an X-Y Diagram
- Describe the elements of a FMEA
- Explain the importance of a FMEA
- Describe why each tool is important
Module 3 - Six Sigma Statistics (60 Slides)
- Explain the various statistics used to express location and spread of data
- Describe the characteristics of a Normal Distribution
- Test for Normality
- Describe the difference between Special Cause and Common Cause Variation
- Generate a variety of graphs for data
Module 4 - Measurement System Analysis (63 Slides)
- Perform the step by step methodology in Variable and Attribute MSA’s
- Identify the various components of variation so corrections can be made and the gage error reduced
- Recognize the differences between Repeatability, Reproducibility, Accuracy and Calibration
Module 5 - Process Capability (39 Slides)
- Estimate Capability for Continuous Data
- Describe the impact of Non-normal Data on the analysis presented in this module for Continuous Capability
- Estimate Capability for Attribute Data
Module 6 - Wrap Up & Action Items (10 Slides)
Phase 3 - Analyze Phase
The Analyze Phase of the DMAIC methodology is constructed to introduce important Lean Six Sigma tools for isolating critical factors. There are nine modules in this phase:
Module 1 - Welcometo Analyze (4 Slides)
Module 2 - “X” Sifting (54 Slides)
- Perform a Multi-Vari Analysis
- Interpret and a Multi-Vari Graph
- Identify when a Multi-Vari Analysis is applicable
- Interpret what Skewed data looks like
- Explain how data distributions become Non-normal when they are really Normal
- Explain the meaning of the term “Inferential Statistics”
- Describe the basic tenets of the Central Limit Theorem
- Describe the impact of sample size on your estimates of population parameters
- Explain Standard Error
- Articulate the purpose of Hypothesis Testing
- Explain the concepts of the Central Tendency
- Be familiar with the types of Hypothesis Tests
- Determine appropriate sample sizes for testing Means
- Conduct various Hypothesis Tests for Means
- Properly Analyze Results
- Be able to conduct Hypothesis Testing of Variances
- Understand how to Analyze Hypothesis Testing Results
- Conduct Hypothesis Testing for equal variance
- Conduct Hypothesis Testing for Medians
- Analyze and interpret the results
- Calculate and explain test for proportions
- Calculate and explain contingency tests
Phase 4 - Improve Phase
The Improve Phase of the DMAIC methodology is constructed to introduce important Lean Six Sigma tools for properly controlling solutions. There are eight modules in this phase:
Module 1 - Welcometo Improve (4 Slides)
- Perform the steps in a Correlation and a Regression Analysis
- Explain when Correlation and Regression is appropriate
- Perform Non-Linear Regression Analysis
- Perform Multiple Linear Regression Analysis (MLR)
- Examine Residuals Analysis and understand its effects
- Determinethe reason for experimenting
- Describe the difference between a physical model and a DOE model
- Explain an OFAT experiment and its primary weakness
- Shown Main Effects Plots and interactions, determine which effects and interactions may be significant
- Create a Full Factorial Design
- Analyze a proper model with aliased interactions
- Experiment Objectives
- Experimental Methods
- Experiment Design Considerations
- 2k Full Factorial Designs
- Linear & Quadratic Mathematical Models
- Balanced & Orthogonal Designs
- Fit, Diagnose Model and Center Points
- Confounding Effects
- Experimental Resolution
Phase 5 - Control Phase
The Control Phase of the DMAIC methodology is constructed to introduce important Lean Six Sigma tools for properly controlling solutions. There are eight modules in this phase:
- Iterative nature of DOE’s
- Steepest accent/ Descent
- Methodology , Example & Summary
- Capability as Monitoring Technique
- Capability of Data Type
- Data Distribution Identification
- Special causes impacting distribution
- Describe Lean tools
- Understand how these tools can help with project sustainability
- Understand how the Lean tools depends on each other
- Understand how tools must document the defect prevention created in the Control Phase
- Describe the elements of an SPC Chart and the purposes of SPC
- Understand how SPC ranks in defect prevention
- Describe the 9 Step route or methodology of implementing a chart
- Design subgroups if needed for SPC usage
- Determine the frequency of sampling
- Understand the Control Chart selection methodology
- Be familiar with Control Chart parameter calculations such as UCL, LCL and the Center Line
- Understandthe 5 phases of the Control Plan
This Black Belt Six Sigma certification course is suitable for people who are:-
These methodologies and tools are used everywhere irrespective of industry nature or Job Function
There are no prerequisites required in order to sit for the IASSC/ Intertek Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Exam. Intertek Body of Knowledge is in line with ISO 18404:2015 standard.To be successful during the exam, formal Lean Six Sigma training is recommended from a verified Lean Six Sigma trainer or corporate program. It is also recommended that those appearing the exam have some degree of real-world Lean Six Sigma work experience.
Intertek is a leading provider of supply chain quality and safety solutions serving a wide range of industries around the world.
IASSC (International Association of Lean Six Sigma Certification)
1. What are the Payment methods available?
Payments can be made using any of the following options. You will be emailed a receipt after the payment is made via
- Visa Credit or Debit Card
- Bank Transfer
2. What is the Qualification of Trainers?
All of our Trainers are highly qualified and Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt certified instructors have 20+ years of experience in consulting and delivering training.
3. Can I cancel my enrollment? Get the refund?
Yes, you can cancel your enrollment if necessary. We will refund the course price after deducting an administration fee. To learn more, you can view our Refund Policy.
4. Will I get my Course Completion Certificate?
We offer course completion certificate after you successfully complete the training program.
5.Do you offer PDU’s after completing the training?
Yes, we offer PDU certificates to candidates who successfully complete the training. You can earn 35 hours of PDU certification.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Examination & Certification
1. How will I become Lean Six Sigma Certified Professional
Exam Fee is $250 which is not included in the mentioned training fee. The candidate can get certified from Intertek in Lean Six Sigma Black Belt in line with ISO 18404:2015 by appearing for the Intertek Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt exam and scoring a minimum of 70% marks in the exam.
Exam Shall include 150 multiple choice question to be completed in 4 hours. Upon achieving this, the candidate will receive a Certificate, suitable for framing, issued by the Intertek.
Exam Fee is $395 which is not included in the mentioned training fee. The candidate can get certified from IASSC in Lean Six Sigma Green Belt by appearing for the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt exam and scoring a minimum of 580 points out of a total of 750.
Exam Shall include 150 multiple choice question to be completed in 4 hours.Upon achieving this, the candidate will receive a Certificate, suitable for framing, issued by the IASSC
2.Does the course fee include examination fees as well?
No, the Course Fee doesn’t include the certification cost. Student needs to select the certification post training . Gazelles shall help them in registration process and voucher arrangement post payment.
3. Can I ask for the refund for Exam Voucher once it is issued?
No, exam voucher cost cannot be refunded once it is issued to a learner as we procure this from third party bodies. Gazelles does not own the voucher policies and cost.
4. What is the validity of Voucher?
Exam vouchers are valid for 1 year from the date of course purchase. If you do not book the exam within 1 year from purchase of voucher, you will need to buy the voucher again per the actual price.