Lean Project Management - Students
One of the topics discussed extensively in the current Education System, is the skill set required by the students to survive in the Business and the Industrial world. Globally much energy has been expended in attempting to raise the basic skill levels and standards in general curriculum areas such as reading and math, but little attention has been devoted to LIFE SKILLS.
As per UNICEF (Ref: Comprehensive framework for life skills), the top 3 Life Skills are:
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Decision Making and Critical thinking skills
- Coping and Self management skills
These skills, knowledge, and abilities are very much needed as a foundation for success in the business and industrial worlds. We think that exposing students to the Project Management world will not only enhance their Life Skills, but will also help them to implement these Life Skills in the business and work environment.
The Lean Project Management certification will introduce and familiarize high school and post-secondary students to the concepts and field of project management, and the tools to apply this knowledge for self management and to a wide range of career paths. It will also fill the need for an industry-recognized certification that allows education institutions to add value to their programs.
What is Lean Project Management?
Lean project management is the application of lean and Project management concepts such as lean construction, lean manufacturing and lean thinking to project management.
Lean project management has many ideas in common with other lean concepts; however, the main principle of lean project management is delivering more value with less waste in a project context.
The Course embeds two methodologies for Project Management: Tradition Plan based Methodology and Agile Methodology.
The course also defines 10 areas of knowledge as:
- Integration Management
- Scope Management
- Schedule Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
- Human Resources Management
- Communications Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
- Stakeholders Management
The new course offering introduces learners to:
- Project management fundamentals and core concepts
- Business analysis frameworks
- Problem Solving
- Traditional, plan-based methodologies
- Agile frameworks and methodologies
This certification program has been designed specifically to improve the Life skills required for the future and most demanded by the Professional world:
- Lean Thinking
- Communication skills
- Negotiations, influencing, and persuasion skills
- Empathy (the ability to understand from another perspective)
- Cooperation, teamwork, and collaboration
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Self-assessment and self-management
- Time management and positive thinking
- System Thinking
- 9th grade and above or with a recommended Level 3 minimum on the TOEFL Junior® test
- Fundamental computer literacy skills
- The ability to participate in training and exams
- Accredited by Intertek UK as Accredited Authorized Global Certification Body with a legacy of 135 years
- Course is designed by Industry experts and has been benchmarked with Industry best practices to bridge the gap between the current education system and Professional world requirements
- Course is designed on Simulation based on LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® Methodology to make the learning more experiential and real time
- Instructors are experienced and accredited professionals in the field of Project Management
- Access to Gazelles Opex Forum for Student Community where students shall get access to Gazelles Knowledge repository and industry experts to support them in their future upskilling